OpenVZ 7.0 is a virtualization and automation solution built on top of OpenVZ components. OpenVZ 7 provides improvements and additional functionality in the areas of density, management tools, recovery, etc. Specific benefits of OpenVZ compared to other virtualization solutions can be found in this article.
Virtuozzo is built on top of OpenVZ technologies but provides more features, services, and support.
OpenVZ consists from open components and includes:
- RHEL7 kernel, RHEL7-based kernel, a Linux kernel with patches that implements OpenVZ kernel functionality.
- Checkpoint/Restore In Userspace, or CRIU, is a software tool for Linux that enables you to freeze a running application (or a part of it) and checkpoint it to a hard drive as a collection of files. You can then use the files to restore and run the application from the point it was frozen at.
- P.Haul is the project on top of CRIU that implements the live migration usage scenario.
- LibVirt - API to manage virtual machines as well as containers
- Virtuozzo SDK is our own API to manage virtual machines and containers with Python bindings.
- and other components
Download installation ISO image, burn image to DVD and boot your computer from this DVD. Follow installation steps and get installed OpenVZ. Follow steps in article migrate containers from OpenVZ if you want to upgrade to the next version.